There are numerous number of media files shared on a daily especially when it comes to WhatsApp image spam or sensitive content that you’d not like other people to see. To avoid having to scroll through everything to find the photos you want to see, you can learn how to hide folders and images without installing an additional app. Some phones come with this feature already installed by default, but of yours doesn’t, here are some quick ways to hide your WhatsApp videos and photos on your Android Phone
Hide your images in your gallery
So your music app has downloaded album covers for all your MP3s, and there are hundreds of pictures that have automatically downloaded from WhatsApp. Here’s what to do next:
- Connect your smartphone to your computer to enable file transfer
- Navigate to the WhatsApp directory
- Create an empty text file and rename it to .nomedia
- Do the same in the music directory
- Check the result in your gallery app and in VLC
- Look forward to a tidy gallery
Even when you don’t have access to your computer, you can also rename any other file in .nomedia and move it to where you need.
Several smartphone manufacturers provide additional apps that can encrypt files in Android. However, you should treat these with caution as they carry some risks. For example:
- You could forget the password
- The app may not be available in the future, so your files can no longer be decrypted
In addition, there is already an existing mandatory encryption in place, as since Android 5.0, which is used on most of the smartphones released since 2014, Android devices are completely encrypted; no-one can access your data before you unlock the smartphone.