Xiaomi’s new flagship the Mi Note, could be the long awaited Galaxy Note 4 Killer
After our well received long form post about Xiaomi being the next Apple yesterday,this fastest growing Chinese phone maker has today announced its latest flagship device called the Mi Note. This makes Xiaomi compete directly with Samsung’s Galaxy Note series and the iPhone 6 Plus. At the event they even took time off to mock Apple’s protruding camera bump on the back. The phone will come in two skews the Mi Note and the Mi Note Pro. The device comes in with the following specs:
- Dimensions: 155.1×77.6×6.95mm and weighs 161g
- 5.7-inch 1080p display/ 1440p display
- 13-megapixel Sony IMX214 CMOS sensor camera
- 4 megapixel camera with 2 micron pixel size (Think HTC One’s Ultra pixel technology)
- 2.5 Quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor / 810 processor
- 3GB RAM / 4 GB of RAM
- 16/64GB internal memory.
- A Huge 3000 mAh battery
- curved glass on both the front and back panels;(front glass as “2.5D” and the rear glass as “3D.”)
Everything about the Mi Note specs, screams Galaxy Note 4, the only thing they lack is how to build software that utilizes the huge screen the way Samsung does on its devices. Plus it also lacks the great stylus pen.
Mi Note will be sold in Asian markets like China and India and will cost about $370, with a “Pro” model adding 4GB of RAM, a Snapdragon 810 processor, and a 1440p display for about $520. Both these price points although high for a Xiaomi phone, are way lower than what you can use to buy a Galaxy Note 4 or an iPhone 6.