[/blockquote]With the advent of Uber in Uganda’s transportation sector, no more street hails or waiting outside to find a boda boda or taxi. You can start the Uber app from anywhere and wait safely for your car to arrive. That means no standing on the street to hail a cab or struggling to find the nearest bus stop late at night. So wondering how you will use Uber in Kampala ? Let’s try and break it down for you.
Get your ride
- You must own a smartphone
- Download the Uber app from the Google Play Store , Apple App Store. or Windows Store on your smart. Set it up with your VISA payment details. Drop a Pin on your location on the Uber map in the app, and request for a ride. You can watch a car driving towards you on the map as they come to pick you up, see the driver’s picture so that you can send it to a friend for security reasons.
- You can easily identify the driver and car coming to pick you up. When a driver accepts your request, you see his or her first name, photo, and license plate number. You can also check whether others have had a good experience with him or her. In addition, the driver can see your first name and rating.
- You can contact the driver—and vice versa— through the app if there is any confusion around pick-up details.
Share Your Ride Details
- Share your Expected Arrival Time (ETA) and location. You can easily share your ride details, including the specific route and estimated time of arrival, with friends or family for extra peace of mind.
- They’ll receive a link where they can see in real time the name and photo of the driver, their vehicle, and where you are on the map until you arrive at your destination—and they can do all of this without having to download the Uber app themselves. After your ride just hope out and you can be on your way.
After the Ride
- Feedback and ratings after every trip. After every ride, you and your drivers need to rate each other and provide feedback. Our safety team reviews this information and investigates any issues.
- 24/7 Support. If something happens in a car, whether it’s a traffic accident or altercation between you and your driver, our customer support staff are ready to respond to any issues 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- For Rapid Response, Uber has a dedicated Incident Response Team to answer any more urgent issues. If they receive a report that a driver or rider has acted dangerously or inappropriately, they suspend their account, preventing him or her from accessing the platform while Uber investigates.
So what is happening behind the scenes
- The company believes, accountability is one of the things that makes riders feel safe in an Uber. They use GPS to keep a record of where a driver goes during the ride, allowing them to verify that the most efficient routes are being used, which creates accountability and a strong incentive for good behavior.
- Working with law enforcement. In cases where law enforcement provides us with valid legal process, we work to get them the facts, for example by providing trip logs. Again, transparency and accountability are at the heart of the Uber experience.
- Pre-screening drivers. All drivers must undergo a screening process before they can use the Uber app.
Uber Promo Video