Today a Chinese phone maker Oppo claims to have made the slimmest smartphone in the world—which allegedly measures just 4.85mm thick.
The Oppo R5 is the successor to the Oppo R3 what was released in Asia only last year. It’s 0.3 mm slimmer than the already crazy-thin Gionee Elife S5.1, and its all-metal body weighs in at 155g. The phone specs include:
- A 5.2-inch full HD AMOLED screen,
- Oppo’s color OS on top of Android 4.4
- A64-bit Snapdragon 615 SoC,
- 2GB of RAM,
- 5MP front and 13MP rear cameras,
- LTE support
- 2,000 mAh battery.
- 16GB of internal storage, but no microSD expansion.
- Color: Gold, Silver and Grey
However the thinness of the device means there is no 3.5mm headphone connector—so you’ll have to use a bundled micro-USB adapter or Bluetooth. The R5 is due to hit the global market this December and will cost about $500 before taxes.