The Galaxy s8 is one of the most anticipated device this year following the Note 7’s debacle in 2016 which Samsung survived the company’s latest financial report. Today, the first photo of the upcoming flagship device has seen the day of light and we have some details on whats is to come. The back of the device is very similar to last year’s Galaxy S7 and the fingerprint sensor has been relocated next to the camera which is a radical departure from Samsung’s typical design. The s8 will not have a physical home button and touch-sensitive navigation buttons; instead, a large, curved display that seemingly runs edge to edge dominates the Galaxy S8. Samsung is said to be planning a worldwide April 21st release for the device.
— Evan Blass (@evleaks) January 26, 2017
Reports also indicate that the hardware specs of Samsung’s upcoming phone break down will include:
- Display: 5.8-inch or 6.2-inch QHD AMOLED display
- Cameras: 12-megapixel f/1.7 rear camera, 8-megapixel f/1.7 front
- Processor: Snapdragon 835 or Samsung Exynos (varies by market)
- Storage: 64GB with microSD expansion
- Memory: 4GB
- Battery: 3000mAh (5.8-inch model) or 3500mAh (6.2-inch model)
- Other: Headphone jack, USB Type-C, water resistance
The cameras will reportedly go largely unchanged from last year’s models, but will gain new software features; the iris scanner first seen in the recalled Note 7 will also be carried over to Samsung’s latest smartphone.