We last saw Sony launch its Xperia Z early this year and now in a great evolution of the the have maintained the concept and transformed it into a tablet like device to launch the all new Xperia Z Ultra. Just as the name goes the phone is ultra large. As usual we run you down with the specs:
- A huge 6.5 inch screen bigger than the Huawei Ascend mate and the Galaxy mega
- Uses Sony’s OptiContrast and X-Reality tech, which it’s the successor of the Mobile BRAVIA tech
- Waterproof instead of just water-resistant like the Xperia Z,
- It’s also thinner, at 6.5mm versus 7.9mm on the
Z, and it has a Triluminos display.
- A 3000mAh battery
- Provides a big old canvas for stylus input
- It has sony’s Smart Bluetooth Handset, also introduced today, aims to fill that role, adding NFC pairing and music player controls
- Snapdragon 800 quad-core Krait 400 processor clocked at 2.2GHz making it the first mobile device to house one.
- Runs Android 4.2.2
- 8MP Exmor-RS sensor that can record 1080p video and supports HDR for both stills and movies. There’s no LED flash though.
- The Ultra packs 4G LTE connectivity, HD Voice along with NFC