Summary of the work
Main scope is to
- Administer Unix servers. Provide system management and administrative support of the production network in a 24 x 7 environment.
- Storage, Backup, and Archive: Provide management and administration of the data media with regard to country specific information archiving requirements and AUL operating standards
- Virtualization: Provide management and administration of the virtualization technologies.
- Mail, DNS, NMS, Proxy Applications. Provide management and administration of Mail Servers, DNS Servers and Network Management System Servers.
Key job tasks and Duties
These duties cover UNIX\Linux\Solaris server administration, Storage, Backup and Archive administration and Virtualization administration.
- Responsible for the installation, configuration and maintenance of the organization’s systems and all related software
- Maintain, tune and patch systems for optimum performance and security.
- Ensure changes are planned and implemented in a sound low risk manner with minimal system outages.
- To prepare and maintain key team support documents.
- Provide on-call support and participate in 24 x 7 roster rotation groups.
- Assist Service Management and Application teams in solving problems.
- Provide solutions architecture advice (where qualified / experienced to do so).
- Provide Technical Project Management (where experience and asked to do so).
- Provide support for costing solutions (hardware, software, and implementation labour), where experienced and / or being coached in doing so.
- Escalate problems and concerns to the manager
- Reporting Structure, contacts and Relations
Reporting to: Manager Applications & Services > Technical Director
Primary location – Head Office
- Bachelor in IT or related field.
- Certification on the storage media and OS tools
- Certification on Virtualization technologies
- Special skill Requirements
- 2 year’s in-depth technical knowledge of Unix\Linux\Solaris administration, configuration and troubleshooting experiences
- Installation, Configuration & Administration of Solaris 9, Solaris 10
- High availability hands on experience (Sun Clusters), knowledge of Domain systems, remote console access
- Working knowledge of NIS/NFS & TCP/IP Configuration.
- In depth understanding DNS
- In depth understanding of all aspects of networking.
- Firewalls and security.
- Mission critical 24/7 environment.
- 1+ years’ experience of systems deployment, backup and recovery
- Deep knowledge on Backup and Storage Architecture.
- Virtualization technologies
- Experience in Telecom company or IT company is appreciated
If you have the required qualifications and experience, please send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business day Friday 6 March 2015.