Samsung officially recalls all Galaxy Note 7 devices due to exploding batteries

Galaxy Note 7_ isris scanner

If you were thinking of buying yourself a Galaxy Note 7 in the near future, you might have to think again, as Samsung has announced an unprecedented recall of the Galaxy Note 7 just weeks after launching it. Most of the tech pundits have praised this phone as the “holy grail” of smartphones for 2016. Now global sales have been affected, and over the coming weeks Samsung will issue replacements to anyone affected. The reason for this recall was related to the phone’s battery, with some scattered reports that the cell can explode while charging.

In a statement on the company blog, Samsung said ;

“To date (as of September 1) there have been 35 cases that have been reported globally and we are currently conducting a thorough inspection with our suppliers to identify possible affected batteries in the market. However, because our customers’ safety is an absolute priority at Samsung, we have stopped sales of the Galaxy Note7.

For customers who already have Galaxy Note7 devices, we will voluntarily replace their current device with a new one over the coming weeks.”

According to an unnamed Samsung official that spoke earlier to  Korean news agency Yonhap, the vast majority of Note 7 phones should be unaffected, despite the sweeping recall. “Products installed with the problematic battery account for less than 0.1 percent of the entire volume sold,” said the official. “The problem can be simply resolved by changing the battery, but we’ll come up with convincing measures for our consumers.”This comes at the time when the company was just starting to build up momentum after years of dwindling profits. The critically acclaimed Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge helped turn around the mobile division’s earnings in the first half of this year, and the Galaxy Note 7 was no less well received upon its launch last month. You can check out Samsung’s official statement in the source link below.

 

SHARE
30
Total