After a long wait, Nokia has announced that the Amber code has been approved for commercial use, and all Lumia owners the world over will begin seeing it hit their Windows Phone 8 handset in the coming days / weeks. This is a major software update that brings with it a wide range of new and improved
features and apps, like;
- Nokia Glance Screen with the standby clock just like we see on the New Moto X
- Better imaging experience, as we see on the new Lumia 1020.
- A new FM radio player
- Improvements to Xbox music
- Improvement in the Internet Explorer browser
- Improved image processing and the Nokia Smart Camera app (which debuted on the Lumia 925).
- “Flip to silence” and “double-tap to unlock” features
It should be noted that the Glace Screen feature won’t be available on the Lumia 520 and Lumia 625, this is because they have a smaller display memory. Nokia’s Here maps will find future updates easier to install.
As usual US is first, as the rollout starts immediately for he Lumia 920 and Lumia 820 in selected countries as well as the Lumia 521, Lumia 810, and Lumia 928. Here ins Africa, Asia and Europe owners of the Lumia 520, Lumia 620, Lumia 720, Lumia 820 or Lumia 920 will likely have to wait until the end of September.