The Samsung Galaxy Fit
The pressure was on for Samsung — they are the leading Android phone manufacturer — and when time comes to replace and existing flagship, the new Galaxy S5, had to step up. It has a refined and updated take on last year’s popular galaxy s4. Samsung has en-devoured to make all its latest devices look similar. Like the new Gear wearables, and the Galaxy S5 will not be a strange device, but offers several enhancements and improvements compared to last year’s Galaxy s4.
In terms of design the Galaxy S5’s design doesn’t change much compared to the Galaxy S4 — in fact, you will hardly tell them apart from the front. Running down the spec sheet we have:
Back of the Galaxy s5
- 5.1 inches, but it’s still a 1080p, Super AMOLED
- A new home key with integrated fingerprint scanner (for phone unlocking, quick payments, and data security)
- Capacitive keys for multitasking and Android’s back button.
- 2GB of RAM
- A fast 2.5GHz quad-core processor
- LTE capabilities CAT 4
- 5th Generation WiFi with MIMO technology support
- That familiar fake metal-looking plastic
- Charging port (now USB 3.0)
- Waterproofing with IP67-rated for water and dust resistance (submerged in one meter of water for up to 30 minutes)
- Glossy plastic battery cover with a dimpled soft-touch finish aka “modern glam”
- S5 will come in four different colors — black, white, blue, and gold — but the black and white are the most attractive options in our opinion.
- Runs on Android 4.4.2 KitKat with Samsung’s user interface
- There are S-branded apps in many places, including the S Voice personal assistant, and Samsung’s signature bloops and whistles are present every time you interact with the device.
- There is also My Magazine feature, Samsung’s Flipboard-like news reader that we saw on the Note 3
- Fitness tracking works hand in hand with the S Health app and new heart rate sensor on its back. The company also launched the Galaxy gear fit a stylish smartwatch that Samsung claims are an inspiration to them.
- Kids Mode
- Larger battery with a promised 20 percent better stamina that the company claims has an Ultra power saving mode.
- A camera upgrade from 13MP in the Galaxy s4 to a 16MP with 4K video capabilities, with real-time HDR and ADRF processing for better photos in mixed lighting.
The Galaxy S5 is scheduled to launch globally on April 11th and will be available on over 150 markets around the world.