LG G2 launched; comes to battle the Galaxy S4
After the 45minute delicious launch of the LG’s new flagship smartphone, we are now sure its a full match for the iPhone 5, Galaxy S4, and every other flagship device launched so far. The G2 is coming to more than 130 carriers around the world, with LTE support.
The G2’s most standout feature might be its rear-mounted power and volume keys — the device is free from buttons, instead chose to put everything on the back. LG calls it “a new perspective in smartphone design,” and says the decision came from LG’s realization that as phones get larger, reaching the buttons on the side or top gets harder. That’s very true, what we wait to see if it will solve the problem as they put it.
Going around the usual spec sheet
- 5.2-inch, 1080p LCD display, yet LG says it’s “designed for one-handed operation” thanks to tiny 0.1-inch bezels
- Thin, at 8.9mm
- A Snapdragon 800 processor clocked at 2.26GHz, 2GB of RAM
- A 3,000mAh battery,
- 16 or 32GB of internal storage. Graphic
RAM built into the display, to reduce the screen’s energy usage
- 13-megapixel camera on the back, equipped with optical image stabilization
- Speaker come with Hi-Fi sound
On the software features
- Answer Me feature, knows when you’re raising your phone to your ear and automatically answers an incoming call
- Plug & Pop, which guesses what you might want to do when you plug in headphones or a USB cable
- Guest Mode feature, QuickRemote and an IR blaster are also bundled
- Text Link, which is a very Google-like feature that guesses what you want to do with a bit of text that you select.
Whether this phone will be able to dethrone the Galaxy S4 as the best Android smartphone , we are yet to see but as per now we like!