MTN-Uganda is the leading telecommunications Company in Uganda, providing payphone, fixed lines, fax/data, internet and mobile services. MTN is an equal opportunity employer and is currently expanding and is seeking to recruit competent individuals to fill the following vacant Position of Engineer II-VAS Solutions
The positions report to the General Manager Service Delivery and Enterprise Applications
Main Purpose of the Job
- To create, maintain and drive a continuous improvement through capacity planning, optimization and support of Enterprise Applications, Charging Systems and VAS platforms.Prime responsibilities of the positions:
- Responsible for overseeing the support of various Enterprise Applications and the IN/VAS nodes within the IT Shared Services Hub, and to ensure effective capacity planning and performance management across these platforms.
- Reviewing and optimizing business continuity strategies, service reporting, service measurement and service level management.
- Working with the business to translate their requirements into a technology blueprint together with the Architecture and Planning teams to enable the business to achieve their strategic objectives.
- Ensure compliance to documentation and alignment to IT Service Management principles.
- Assist in a long term applications strategy, including investigation of new systems and planning of upgrades and optimization.
- Ensure programme and task deadlines for the team are met, and maintain high performance on SLAs for assignments.
- Drive the deployment of new applications; systems software; products and / or enhancements to existing applications throughout the 4 OPCOs.
- Engage with the individual OPCO to ensure that applications meet business requirements and system goals; fulfil end user requirements and identify and resolve system issues
- Assist with the negotiation of contracts with software and service providers and oversee each contract from a service delivery perspective.
- Manage and provide direction for the application team in support of the business operation
- Contribute to pre-testing phase of development by evaluating proposals in order to identify potential problem areas and make appropriate recommendations.
- Liaise with network administrators and software engineers to assist with quality assurance; program logic and data processing
The applicant must possess the following qualifications
- B Sc degree in IT / Software Engineering
- Masters in IT/Software Engineering is an added advantage.
- 5 – 8 years related IT experience – preferably in managing IT teams, which a technical knowledge of software services; programme management experience and a sound understanding of ITIL standards and best practice within operational environments.
- 3 year’s work experience at manager level
- Ability to work under pressure
- Advanced communication interpersonal and reporting skills
- Analytical skills
- Data analysis skills
- Information Management
- Risk assessment
- Risk management.
- Good financial acumen
- Programme budgeting
- Programme communication planning and management
- Service level agreement management.
- Technical knowledge of software services.
NB: Please note that presentation of false academic documents and certification will lead to criminal prosecution.Interested candidates should send their Job Applications with detailed CVs, certified copies of academic certificates (originals are to be presented at the interview) and names and addresses of three referees addressed to the: Recruitment Officer, MTN- Uganda, P.O Box 24624, Kampala, not later than Friday November 14th 2014 5:00 pm.
NB: Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Note: MTN Uganda is an equal opportunity Employer.
For More: MTN