After teasing the service on their website and mobile app and also successfully launching it in Kenya. Today, Uber launches a new service called UberChoma, for meat lovers in Kampala. You can now order a stick or two or your favorite meat using the new service. Uber has partnered with a local restaurant called Choma Zone Bar and Grill to deliver free Nyama Choma.
This has been seen as a move to directly to compete with Jumia Food. Jumia food is currently the leader of food delivery services in Kampala and are able to overcome the traffic clogged city by the use of two wheelers commonly known as “Boda Bodas”.
Uber has partnered with a local restaurant Choma Zone Bar and Grill to see this promo through.
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS
- Open the Uber app between 12PM (noon) – 2PM on Friday, February 17 in Kampala
- Tap the UberCHOMA banner at the bottom of the screen
- Request an UberCHOMA
- If your request is successful, a driver will arrive at your location with free Nyama Choma
- Be sure to go outside when your request is accepted. This will make it easier to connect with your driver and help ensure a quick drop-off
- Demand will be high –so don’t be discourage, just check back and try to request again if your initial request is not successful
- Remember that requests can only be made between 12PM (noon) – 2PM on Friday, February 17 in Kampala
- There will only be one order delivered per request