Summary of the work
- Provide Administration and maintenance of databases in the company in a 24 x 7, 99% uptime environment.
Key job tasks and Duties
- Responsible for the installation, configuration and maintenance of the organizations databases
- Maintain, tune and patch databases for optimum performance and security.
- Designing, implementing and testing of new databases
- Participate in the design of new databases with consideration to your expertise
- Ensure changes are planned and implemented in a sound low risk manner with minimal system outages.
- To prepare and maintain key team support documents.
- Provide on-call support and participate in 24 x 7 roster rotation groups.
- Assist Service Management and Application teams in solving problems.
- Provide solutions architecture advice (where qualified / experienced to do so).
- Provide Technical Project Management (where experience and asked to do so).
- Provide support for costing solutions (hardware, software, and implementation labour), where experienced and / or being coached in doing so.
- Escalate problems and concerns to the manager
- Monitoring the backups on the Oracle databases
- Performing database recovery tests with existing backups
- Networker backup monitoring
- Oracle Database licensing Database security and integrity of Data.
- Reporting Structure, contacts and Relations
Reporting to: – Manager Applications & Services > Technical director
Primary location – Head Office
- A Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field. OR equivalent qualification
- Oracle, SQL administration certifications
- Special skill Requirements
- Proficiency in working in a redundant 24 x 7 high availability environment
- At least 2 yrs. administrative experience with clustered databases
- Proficiency in backup technologies, preferably EMC
- Ability to perform calmly but efficiently and logically under stressful environments
- Ability to use rman for database backup and recovery
If you have the required qualifications and experience, please send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business day Friday 6 March 2015.