Android Operating System is arguably the world’s most installed mobile platform. From being the world’s most installed mobile OS, it supports a variety of applications most of which are entirely free from the app store [Play Store]. It powers millions of devices and every day, the number of users increase and the fact that most smartphones support it. The number of people that own smartphones is higher than those that own personal computers [laptops and desktops to be exact], this makes it a great area of concern to all hackers who want to steal personal information. This is so, because android can let you manipulate it in any way you desire [unrestricting features that are restricted by the manufacturers, it’s called Rooting.] Hacking is not restricted to only using computers, No, you can as well do it using your smartphone. I call it “Hacking on the Go.” Here I am discussing some of the tools that are meant for the Security tester, Ethical hacker and for those guys who really explore the tech world.
Let’s see 10 Android tools that have made it to our list.
1. Hackode :- Hackode : The hacker’s Toolbox is an application for penetration testers, Ethical hackers, IT administrator and Cyber security professional to perform different tasks like reconnaissance, scanning performing exploits etc.
2.Androrat:- Remote Administration Tool for Android. Androrat is a client/server application developed in Java Android for the client side and in Java/Swing for the Server. Its functionalities include mojitoring received messages in live, get call logs, take a picture from a camera and many others.
3. APKInspector:- APKinspector is a powerful GUI tool for analysts to analyse the Android applications. The goal of this project is to aide analysts and reverse engineers to visualize compiled Android packages and their corresponding DEX code.
4. DroidBox:- DroidBox is developed to offer dynamic analysis of Android applications. Among the information that is generated when analysis is performed include Cryptography operations performed using the Android API, listing broadcast recievers, and showing received and sent messages alongside calls.
5. Burp Suite:- Burp Suite is an integrated platform for performing security testing of web applications. Its various tools work seamlessly together to support the entire testing process, from initial mapping and analysis of an application’s attack surface, to finding and exploiting security vulnerabilities.
6. zANTI:- zANTI is a comprehensive network diagnostics toolkit that enables complex audits and penetration tests at the push of a button. It provides cloud-based reporting that walks you through simple guidelines to ensure network safety.
7. Droid Sheep:- DroidSheep can be easily used by anybody who has an Android device and only the provider of the web service can protect the users. So anybody can test the security of his account by himself and can decide whether to keep on using the web service.
8. dSploit:- dSploit is an Android network analysis and penetration suite which aims to offer to IT security experts/geeks the most complete and advanced professional toolkit to perform network security assessments on a mobile device.
9. AppUse – Android Pentest Platform Unified Standalone Environment:- AppSec Labs recently developed the AppUse Virtual Machine. This system is a unique, free, platform for mobile application security testing in the android environment, and it includes unique custom-made tools created by AppSec Labs.
10. Shark for Root:- Traffic sniffer, works on 3G and Wi-Fi (works on FroYo tethered mode too). To open dump use Wireshark or similar software, for preview dump on phone use Shark Reader based on tcpdump.
More descriptions about these and tools and their download links can be found from their specific websites in the embedded hyperlinks.
This list is according to me, if you feel I have left out any tool, feel free to comment it out as this will help us be up to date with the latest tools.
Hacking as a topic as a topic might be new, this doesn’t have to worry you as KediKebba your Cyber Boy is here to help you, you will get all you need, it is just a matter of time. Sometimes we run out of what to write because we feel we have a lot for our readers and do not know what exactly you would be wanting to learn. Feel free to comment in the box below what topic in hacking you want to learn. It’s from these comments that we shall derive what to write about.
Well, much as this is available at your disposal, you should be reminded that Hacking is Illegal. However, hacking your OWN computers is legal. Hacking somebody else’s computers, without any permission to do so is very illegal. It’s the permission part that has to be there – no permission, don’t do it. Let’s all respect each others privacy.
“Great hackers do not learn how to hack, they simply hack to learn.”
Image Credit: Mashable